“Broken Promises, Broken Dreams” Stories of Jewish and
Palestinian Trauma and Resilience by: Alice Rothchild
Revised and updated second edition: release March 2010
Includes new chapters and revised text.
Advanced Praise for Broken Promises, Broken Dreams
“Broken Promises, Broken Dreams” probes beyond the geopolitical realities confronting Israelis and Palestinians. It is a soul searching, painfully honest examination of ordinary people bonded in a tragic embrace. Ultimately this powerful book is about healing festering wounds and narrowing irreconcilable differences. It deserves the widest readership.” – Bernard Lown, MD, Professor emeritus Harvard School of Public Health, Co-recipient Nobel Peace Prizemore praise for the book
“Broken Promises, Broken Dreams”
at The Educational Bookstore, East Jerusalem
The below Table of Contents is from the FIRST EDITION book,
which was released worldwide March 2007.
Includes photo galleries in each chapter.
- Advanced Praise for the book
- Descriptive summary
- Table of contents (book preview pages)
- Chapter one: My Own Story: Family Secrets
- Chapter two: Dr. Ruchama Marton: An Allergy to Lies
- Chapter three: Gila Svirsky: Liberating Israel
- Chapter four: Listening to the Israeli Street: We are Surrounded by Enemies
- Chapter five: Returning to Jerusalem: The Taxi Driver and the Rabbi
- Chapter six: Checkpoints: Crossing the Line
- Chapter seven: Visiting the Mythaloon Maternity Home: Like Women Everywhere
- Chapter eight: A Day in Nablus with Dr. Allam Jarrar: We Will Have Just Fun!
- Chapter nine: Restrictions on Access to Health Care: We are Not Animals
- Chapter ten: A Visit to Gaza: Working in a War Zone
- Chapter eleven: Visiting Rafah: Just the Bad Face
- Chapter twelve: Finding the Voice for a Just Peace: Seeing the Human Face
- Book reviews
- How to order
- Author’s suggestions for class room and book group discussion